Siaha, (Mizoram) (India) Dec 06, 2022 (Marasaw.com): Siaha Cherry Blossom Festival 2022 (aka Siaha Tlâhpi Hraisua (Cherry Blossom) Festival) is scheduled from 11-17 December 2022. This year it will be a seven-day event. Go ahead and plan a week in Siaha. The best place to enjoy the winter season in Mizoram is the Siaha Cherry Blossom festival.
The festival is organized jointly by Environment and Forest Department, MADC, Siaha, and Hraisua (Cherry Blossom) Festival Board.
The Main (Event) Celebration of Hraisua (Siaha Cherry Blossom Festival) will be held on December 16, 2022, 11:00 AM at Siaha Tlâhpi.
Hraisua (Cherry Blossom) Festival Board Members are:
- Superintendent of Police, Siaha.
- Dy. Director, I&PR, Siaha, Mizoram.
- I&PO, MADC, Siaha.
- President, Mara Thyutlia Py (MTP), Gen. HQ, Siaha.
- President, Mara Chanô Py (MCHP), Gen. HQ, Siaha.
- President, Mara Students’ Organisation, Gen. HQ, Siaha.
- President, Maraland Video and Photographers Society (MVAPS).
- President, Mara Hlasa Py (MHP).
- Chairman, Maraland Rock Society (MRS).
- President, Siaha Florists Association.
- President, MTP Branch, Siahatlâh, Siaha.
The blooming of the cherry trees around the Tlâhpi Road in Siaha has come to symbolize the natural beauty of Maraland District capital Siaha.
If you have not witnessed the blooming of cherry blossoms, then you should definitely visit this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival in Siaha.
This year, Siaha Cherry Blossom festival will offer visitors a variety of entertainment opportunities including competitions, Miss Hraisua contest, Mister Hraisi contest, Photo Exhibition, and more. Artists are also set to enthrall the audience with their performances.
Note: Siaha (the official name given by the Mara Autonomous District Council (MADC), (Old name) popularly known as Saiha) is a town in Siaha district in the Indian north-eastern state of Mizoram. It is the Headquarters of the Mara Autonomous District Council, one of the three autonomous district councils within Mizoram, India. It is located in the South Central part of the Mizoram state.
Hraisua is the local Mara name for Cherry Blossom.